Monday, May 28, 2007

Hopkinsville, Kentucky


We missed Dinosaur World



Jefferson Davis Monument




Ferrell's Hamburgers



My two best friends are sisters and they asked me to join them on their annual trip to visit family in Hopkinsville, Kentucky. Hopkinsville is located in Western Kentucky and has a population of about 28,700. It was a 4.5 hour drive each way from home (Indianapolis). We left Friday morning (I was up at the butt crack of dawn, it was actually 4:51 am)and came home today at a more decent hour. I did have fun even though Hopkinsville is a lot more country than this city girl typically enjoys. It was sooooo hot and my allergies were kicking my butt the entire time! I was in heaven (food wise)...we ate Godfather's Pizza, Sonic, Captain D's, and of course BBQ. I tried mutton, which after finding out that it was sheep meat about made me vomit, especially now that I know it is typically from a young sheep. Regardless, everything was good, but I feel like I need to fast for a week because I am so bloated!!! I will say that Godfather's was my favorite food while their, they actually had a pizza buffet...oh how happy was I!!! So above are some pictures from the road for your enjoyment!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

So what time did you guys leave that morning? Did you have fun? did you leave the pool?

Wendy said...

This place looks like it was right up your alley...bwahahahahah!

Wendy said...

I'm glad you elaborated a little. Mutton huh? Yuck! I can't believe you got up that early. Sounds like it was a fast food extravaganza...besides the mutton, of course.

AJ said...

Yes, elaboration especially for you!!! Yes, Mutton and I can't believe it either, as a matter of fact I'm ready to forget about it! I ate enough fast food to last me 10 years!!! Maybe not!

AJ said...

Oh yeah...and I don't think I was really even awake!

Wendy said...

I know you have pictures of my kid you could put on here!