Tuesday, August 14, 2007

And More of My Birthday...

Mommie and Me


The Perfect Cake


Saturday continued the Birthday festivities. My grandma picked me up (yes, she picked me up). We then went to Mom's so grandma could see the house in its redesign deconstruction (yes, grandma was actually allowed to step foot in Mom's house). My mom never lets anyone in her house because it is usually not together, but since I have made her start remodeling she has actually moved all her crap into one or two locations...the garage and the barns! Grandma loved the paint colors (we recently had all the walls repainted in the house). Yes, I do believe that pretty much each room is a different color, but it all looks darn good if I don't say so myself!!! The Bamboo floor is at home in the garage, waiting to be laid...hopefully sometime this week! Have I mentioned how much I love doing this stuff? Okay, back to the days adventures...We all hopped in the car and went to Menards to buy the base trim and quarter rounds as well as the hardware for all the new doors coming. Beautiful, horizontal 5-panel doors. Grandma injured herself with a strip of moulding and was bleeding in the aisle of Menards, causing me to nearly pass-out (thanks Grams)! After all this, we let Steve (mom's roomate) take all the stuff home, while we went and ate dinner at Famous Dave's. The best BBQ ever, the cole slaw was excellent too. Not too keen on the other sides, but I haven't had BBQ like that in some time. I taught Grandma how to eat Rib Tips, and she realized that perhaps they aren't her thing (not a fan of the fat)! But they were awesome along with the ribs, chicken, and chopped pork. Mom had some brisket and liked it a lot, but I just wasn't a fan of it. Not sure what Brisket is, but not my favorite taste. Anyway, if you have one nearby...give it a try! Later that evening Mom helped me get ready for my night out with the girls for my birthday. She did my make-up and helped me decide on my outfit. I even got her to take some cute pics with me after she was done working her magic on my face! How adorable are we?!? I love you Mommie, you are the BEST!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow! You got your mom to take pictures! I'm impressed. Sounds like the house is coming together finally. Is she happy with it?

Alexis Jacobs said...

Happy birthday! What a cool cake. :)