Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy, Happy Birthday to ME!

Burberry Quilted Sunglasses

Morton's Steakhouse

My Crack

Yesterday, I turned 28 years old! Thanks to everybody who wished me a happy day!!! I woke up to a card from my boyfriend (I have been trying to explain to him for years how important the card is to us ladies). So, the card was good, an Emily Matthews card...very mushy, just what I like!!! Oh, I forgot the day before my birthday, he gave me flowers (ahhh) as my "pre" birthday present! How sweet is he?!? Anyway, the day went on as normal with work although I did have a couple of gifts from my coworker and boss. My coworker gave me a GC to Starbucks(just to keep the crack habit alive) and my boss gave me a card with $25 cash!!! Gotta love my peeps. lol. I left early to go to my dentist appointment and then went home. I sat around for awhile and decided I would never make it out to dinner if I didn't have something to wear, which of course I didn't happen to have any clothing in my entire house suitable! I headed off to shop, hitting Stienmart, Marshall's, Target, and finally Old Navy. Of course any other time I would have been able to find the perfect frock at any of these stores (my regular shopping grounds). All I found was a shirt, black and completely plain, of course!!! The funny thing is I didn't find this perfect plain black shirt until Old Navy, which was the very last stop possible. I made it back just in time to jump in the shower and start the whole beauty re-vamping for the evening. By some miracle I was actually ready to go by 8:15 pm and our reservations were for 8:30 pm. We left at 8:20 pm and arrived at Morton's at 8:41 pm. This was my first at Morton's, I am now a huge fan!!! All the food, except the Morton's Salad, was excellent. I just didn't like the salad because they served it with 2 little anchovies on top...YUCK! Dinner was great and my other present was Burberry sunglasses (see above: plain, simple, black, of course). They look awesome on me...Love 'em. I just hate to think of how much he paid for the damn things, I do have bills that could be paid instead!!! But I needed a new pair because I stepped on my other ones and they broke. Keep saying..."its not your money"! So, great time, great gifts, great company!!! Perfect evening! My friends have something planned for Saturday, so I will have more to talk about then! Sorry I don't have any pics, I forgot the camera.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow! I'm impressed with Mr. Barber! He did a good job! Did you get my card yet?

AJ said...

I know...Grandma Janet wants to have a talk with him about spoiling me. No Card Yet.